UCI students presenting data at the World Congress of Ultrasound held at Texas Tech. These projects included various international ultrasound projects performed over the summer of this year. For more information regarding the UCI international trips check out the international outreach tab at the top of the site!
Dr. Fox gives an overview to the future of point of care with the use of ultrasound.
Several UCI students attended and presented research at the World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education on October 10-12, 2014 in Portland, Oregon. Students presented over a dozen studies from international ultrasound projects, and well as several other ultrasound education studies. We had a fantastic time at the conference hearing innovative and inspiring talks from faculty , attending hands-on workshops, as well as meeting leaders in the field and fellow medical student ultrasound enthusiasts. Some of our UCI USIG members enjoyed the opportunity to participate in the First Ultrasound World Cup, forming the UCI Sonobabes and Bronography teams. A special thanks the organizers at OHSU for an incredible experience!
Community Outreach (including Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Screening for high school students)
Education (upcoming electives and workshops)
Ultrafest (a free statewide bedside ultrasound symposium just for students)
Research, and More!
Dear Emergency Ultrasound Director, Fellowship Director and Enthusiast:
The Academy of Emergency Ultrasound (AEUS) continues with its mission to enhance the education and research of physicians, fellows, residents and medical students in the field of emergency ultrasound. AEUS offers several innovative and useful resources on the SAEM website for interested members to take advantage of:
– The Narrated Lecture Series contains various lectures highlighting many important applications of emergency ultrasound.
– The Ultrasound Guides is an educational resource covering different ultrasound topics that can be used as an adjunct to resident and medical student ultrasound curriculums
– The AEM Virtual Issue is an open‐access list of all Academic Emergency Medicine EUS articles currently published and organized by topic.
– Community of Emergency Ultrasound contains links to various EUS groups and resources outside of AEUS
If you are not already a member, please consider joining AEUS and becoming part of an expanding community of sonographers, educators and researchers. Please pass this on to your current, past and future fellows, residents and faculty to encourage membership. Don’t miss out on all that AEUS has to offer and join today!
– AEUS membership for medical students is free!!
– AEUS membership for residents and fellows is a nominal $25 and $100 for attending physicians.
Please visit http://www.saem.org/academyemergencyultrasound for further information and membership application.
Kristin Carmody, MD, RDMS, RDCS
On behalf of the AEUS Membership Committee